Gefunden habe ich die Top 10 Punishments for Geeks bei GeekDad und einige sind wirklich mies…
10. Six words: Offer regular coffee, serve only decaf.
9. Force him to watch the movie Waterworld without the ability to mute or fast-forward. [Ich war damals kurz davor das Kino zu verlassen]
8. Release a new game-changing smartphone that runs all kinds of apps and that everyone instantly wants, but neglect to put in such basic features as copy-and-paste and undo until two years later. [Klingt irgendwie bekannt]
7. Force her to write an article for publication, defending the existence of Jar-Jar Binks and the casting of Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. [Wer glaubt das sei einfach, möge mal bei RedLetterMedia reinschauen]
6. Reprogram his electronic music players so that before listening to anything by Weird Al, Jonathan Coulton, Paul and Storm, Marian Call, or the podcast of any public radio show, he must first listen to an entire song by Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, or Britney Spears. [Ouch!]
5. Force her to write an essay explaining why Star Trek V is the best of all the Star Trek films without employing irony.
4. Broadcast a really good space-western TV show, move it around a lot from time slot to time slot to make sure its ratings suck, then after it starts to really become popular with the geek community cancel it with three episodes still in the can. [Auch das klingt als wäre es schon mal da gewesen ...]
3. Give him an about-to-expire gift certificate for a shirt from a website that sells awesome geeky shirts, but that — as he finds out only upon attempting to check out, of course — only has “Hello Kitty” shirts in stock. [Hello Schröddy wär mir lieber]
2. Force her to play Monopoly for six straight hours while people at neighboring tables play Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride. For added misery, make one of her fellow players one of those people who constantly offer trades like “I’ll give you Water Works for Park Place” because they figure eventually someone will accept. For even more added misery, pick a Monopoly set based on a geeky subject, like Star Wars, The Muppets, Nintendo, or Pixar films. [Da fällt mir ein, Ticket to Ride / Zug um Zug steht noch auf der unbedingt-mal-anspielen-Liste]
1. Force him to take a seven hour plane flight sitting next to a teenager who worships the Twilight books and films and can’t wait to tell you all about why. [I sparkle - 'nuff said]